Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Ticketed

My ticket is booked! On Tuesday, October 23rd I will be heading to Haiti. Had you asked me last month if I would be able to raise 75% of the support in time, I would have provided an underwhelming "yes" not convinced. But I think that's the point, "I" did not raise the support. Giving hearts and passionate people raised the support. It was never really up to me.

The support raising process has been humbling. I much prefer giving. I am slowly learning to receive with gratitude and humility. Sometimes it's my sneaky, ugly pride that likes to hide behind the mask of humility. Often me not being a gracious receiver is haughtiness not humility. I discovered that each time I hit "send" on a support letter I cringed just a little, worrying way too much about what the person on the receiving end would think about the project and me and my new endeavor. I am learning to get over myself. I am continuing to learn and too often forget, this isn't about me. This is about Haiti, and the kids we've come to love and the community we care so much about. This is about loving our neighbors whether they are in the next cubicle, the larger community or in a different country.

So, with lots of enthusiasm and a little trepidation (whoa! big word) I am excited to finally get to Haiti to see what "we" can do!

Thank you all for your support, prayers and encouragement!


No comments:

Post a Comment